- Your child’s progress is continually monitored by his/her class teacher.
- His/her progress and attainment is measured formally every term in reading, S and L, writing, maths and science.
- If your child is in Year 1 and above, but is not yet at National Curriculum level, a more sensitive assessment tool is used which shows their level in more detail and will also show smaller but significant steps of progress.
- At the end of each key stage (i.e. at the end of year 2 and year 6) all children are required to be formally assessed using Standard Assessment Tests (SATS). This is something the government requires all schools to do and are the results that are published nationally. For our children we assess them against the Pre-Key Stage standards if they are working below National Curriculum level (see links below).
- Pupils on an Intervention programme will be assessed and monitored closely to ascertain the impact of the additional support
- The progress of children with a statement of SEND/ EHC Plan is formally reviewed at an Annual Review with all adults involved with the child’s education.